Personal Learning Environments – The book
My dear friends Linda Castañeda and Jordi Adell have just published a new book on Personal Learning Environments: Key aspects of an online educational ecosystem (my translation for Entornos personales de aprendizaje: claves para el ecosistema educativo en red)
- It touches on very pertinent aspects of teaching and learning online. With a focus on Personal Learning Environments (PLEs), the book goes on to explore several interrelated themes such as Flexible and Open Learning, Pedagogical Approaches to PLEs, Technological possibilities, and the future of PLEs, just to name a few.
- I also like the fact that the book is divided in 4 distinct parts:
- An overview on PLEs (providing insights into the technological and pedagogical perspectives of a PLE as an online learning ecosystem)
- A practical section with useful examples on how to set up and use PLEs in different educational contexts
- A section on new research on PLEs
- And a final section on complementary perspectives of PLEs as a learning ecosystem
- There is an open access version of the book that is super easy to navigate and use. (Like… it a LOT)
- And as a bonus, it is licensed in Creative Commons! It’s a winner
Well done Linda and Jordi, and all the authors as well. It’s a great project.
Ricardo Torres and I also wrote a chapter for the book Professional development, lifelong learning, and Personal Learning Environments.
Thank you 3 for the opportunity!